Introducing the Limited Edition Signature Series – Traveling Salesman’s Case! Only 110 have been produced. The Deluxe Brass K102 is safely nestled in a custom-made foam bed surrounded by a USA-made hardcase by Seward Trunk (founded in 1878, and famous supplier of World War II footlockers). The K102 is a hand soldered exact replica of the early Aladdin Model 1 to Model 6, which was the heyday of the Aladdin Traveling Salesman. The Traveling Salesman’s Case will retail for $739.
Every Traveling Salesman’s set includes:
- A serialized K102 Deluxe Brass lamp, with either a green N301 or red N302 ribbed shade
- A 32 oz bottle of Aladdin brand oil
- 2 Lox-on R150 Mantles
- 1 extra N230 wick
- A signed copy of Bill Courter’s book, “Aladdin, The Magic Name in Lamps”
- A special serialized case bearing a facsimile signature of Victor S Johnson (lamp also contains a small signature plate on the bottom)
- A Certificate of Authenticity
Click photos to enlarge
Just in time for the 2019 Aladdin Gathering!
The limited edition cases will be available starting at the 47th Aladdin Gathering in Coralville, Iowa (July 25-27). Be sure to stop by the Crownplace Brands table in the Show Room, where we will have one of the cases on display! Some dealers who are attending the Gathering will be ready to take your order. Contact your favorite dealer to get yours!
In Other News: K102 Retirement
The Deluxe Brass K102, featured in the salesman’s case, is slated for retirement. Be sure to get one before they’re gone!
Exciting news! Crownplace Brands will be heading to the 47th Annual Aladdin Gathering in a couple weeks. We plan on having a table at the Lamp Show to offer special Mix and Match Font glue ups on site! That means you’ll be able to pick your parts and watch as the font is glued up! This should be a fun event! We have limited quantities on the various bowls and pedestals that are available for this event, so it’s on a first come, first serve, basis only. The bowls and pedestals offered are considered ‘seconds’ as they didn’t quite pass our rigorous quality inspections. We can’t wait to see what kinds of color combinations you can come up with. We first offered this at the 41st Annual Eastern Lighting Collector’s Meet in Wooster, Ohio, back in April and we saw some pretty neat combinations, like a Cobalt Grand Vertique bowl with the Vaseline Lincoln Drape pedestal.
We’ll also be releasing a NEW Limited Edition Aladdin Traveling Salesman’s Case that will be available to purchase for the first time, from your favorite Aladdin dealer at the gathering! We look forward to seeing everyone there!
Don’t miss out on some of the new features that we recently added to the website! Check out each of these new items added to the main navigation menu.
- How To (sub-category of the Learning & Resource Center):
- Products – a sampling of the lamps currently in production:
- Museum – info about the Aladdin Museum of Light
- Gallery – view a sampling of antique lamp styles
- About Us – introduction to Crownplace Brands
We hope that you will find all of these new resources helpful! As always, if you have suggestions for information that you would like to see available on the website, please let us know!
As promised, we have added a TON of new content to the site! Whether you are new to Aladdin lamps or you are a seasoned collector, we have something for everyone! Be sure to check it all out and let us know what you think! We aren’t quite done yet, so you will see a few things labeled “Coming Soon!” .
Without further ado, here is a summary of all the new resources at your fingertips!
The following have been added to the Aladdin Learning & Resource Center menu and homepage:
- Detailed Model Diagrams – These have been on the site for a little while, but they have moved under the “Learning & Resource Center” menu.
- Instructional Documents – We had a few documents posted before, but now each of the new sections has its own PDF version which can be found here.
- Instructional Videos – These are all the same as before, except they are now on their own page.
- Frequently Asked Questions – These are the same as before, but they have moved under the “Learning & Resource Center” menu and also have a new PDF version available.
- Glossary of Terms – NEW! Search quickly by letter for the word you are wondering about, or scroll through the list and see if you learn anything new!
- Aladdin Lamp Anatomy – NEW! Learn about all of the parts of an Aladdin lamp with labeled diagrams and explanations of each part.
- Function – How They Work – NEW! See a detailed diagram of what is happening when you light your lamp.
- Troubleshooting – NEW! Find out what might be wrong with your lamp or with something you are doing; start off with some basic diagnostic questions or use the menu to search for your specific issue.
- Safety Tips – NEW! Safety tips every Aladdin user should know.
- Performance Tips – NEW! Tips every Aladdin user should know to get the best peformace from their magical lamp.
Find Parts – NEW menu item! Use this page for a quick list of parts for your lamp model. Also included is a list of part adaptability for models that can use parts from other models.
Aladdin History – NEW menu item! See a timeline of the rich and interesting history of Aladdin.
Search – A new search feature has been added to the menu! This new search allows you to search for anything on the site by keyword.
We are busy working on some exciting new things! For starters, we have revamped the look of the website. But we’re not done yet! If you have suggestions for things you would like to see, please let us know, and we will do our best to make it available on the site. We hope to have much more new content coming soon.
What’s New Right Now?
This blog! We know, it’s been awhile since we have posted an update, but that is going to change. Check back here often to see what’s happening in the world of Aladdin. We hope to share new products, new or updated resources, and much more.
We are very proud to share a recently updated feature: brand new model diagrams! Now, each guide provides images of all original parts in a similar format, making them easy to compare. We have added many more wick raiser knob versions as well as flame spreader tops! For easy comparison and identification, international versions are now paired with their similar U.S. counterparts. Each guide lists any current replacement parts that are available, as well as interchangeability of parts between models. Not only can you now easily identify any Aladdin part, but you can also learn some fun history and see the progression of parts through the ages.
Don’t forget about our Learning Center! We have a wide range of helpful instructional videos that cover all aspects of owning and using an Aladdin lamp. This page has been revamped to help you easily find what you need. All of our videos are accessible right on our site, and they are conveniently grouped by content.
Content Coming Soon!
Check back often for more new things coming from Aladdin!